External Rotation DB Band Ipsi-Lateral Cocontraction
Ext Rot DB Bnd Ipsi COC
- Tension Distribution: Instruct the person to create more tension on the outside, emphasizing the outer muscles of the targeted area. This can be achieved by focusing on contracting and engaging those specific muscles during the exercise.
- Ipsi-lateral Position: Explain that the working side arm should be on the same side as the foot that is forward. This positioning helps maintain balance and stability while performing the exercise.
- Elbow Position: Emphasize keeping the elbow tight to the body throughout the movement. This ensures proper alignment and engagement of the targeted muscles. Instruct the person to avoid allowing the elbow to flare out to the side.
- Maintaining a 90-degree Elbow Angle: Encourage the individual to maintain a 90-degree angle at the elbow joint throughout the range of motion (RoM). This angle promotes optimal muscle activation and helps maximize the effectiveness of the exercise.
- Posture and Alignment: Ensure that the person maintains good posture throughout the exercise. Instruct them to keep the spine neutral, the shoulders relaxed, and the chest open. Discourage rounding of the shoulders or excessive leaning.