Overhead Delt DB Quadruped Ipsi Lateral Cocontraction
OH Delt DB Quad Ipsi COC
- Positioning: Start in a kneeling position on all fours with your knees directly under your hips and your hands directly under your shoulders. Place the band in front of you and ensure it is securely anchored. Place arm with 1 band on bottom, and 3 on top for proper resistance.
- Ipsilateral setup: Set up in an ipsilateral position, meaning the same knee is forward as the working arm. This alignment helps promote coordination and stability during the exercise.
- Forceful arm raise: Forcefully raise the working arm into the band, extending it straight in front of you. Focus on generating power and speed during the movement, engaging the muscles of the shoulder, chest, and upper back.
- Complete arm lift: Ensure that the working arm comes completely off the band at the top of each repetition. This allows for a full range of motion and helps maximize muscle activation.
- Parallel chest to the ground: Maintain a parallel position of your chest to the ground throughout the exercise. Avoid arching or rounding your back. Engage your core muscles to stabilize your torso and promote proper alignment.
- Level shoulders: Keep your shoulders level and avoid allowing one shoulder to dip lower than the other. This promotes balanced muscle activation and prevents compensatory movements.