Supine Glute Ham Banded OCI – Oscillatory Isometrics Triphasic Training
Glute Ham Sup Kicks OCI
- Setup: Lie on your back with your feet placed on top of resistance bands. Position your feet hip-width apart and parallel to each other. The bands should be securely anchored to a stable object or held by a partner.
- Bridge movement: Engage your glutes. Press your heels into the bands and lift your hips off the ground, creating a bridge position on your back. Ensure that your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Leg extension: With your legs straight, keep your toes pointed away from your body to activate the muscles in the back of your legs (hamstrings).
- Glute activation: Focus on using your glutes to control the movement. Initiate the leg extension by pulling down with your glute muscles, feeling the contraction in your glutes and hamstrings.
- Band tension: Maintain band tension the entire time, keeping feet against the band and not coming off.
- Alignment and stability: Pay attention to your body alignment. Keep your hips level and avoid excessive rotation or tilting. Focus on maintaining stability by using your arms to stabilize and keeing your head down.