Bicep Band Contra-Lateral Cocontraction
Bicep Bnd Contra COC
- Stance and Body Position: Instruct the athlete to position their opposite leg forward compared to the working arm. This contra-lateral stance creates a stable base and allows for better transfer of force. The athlete should maintain a balanced and athletic position throughout the movement.
- Hand and Arm Position: Emphasize the supinated hand/arm position, where the palm is facing upward. This hand position optimizes the engagement of the targeted muscles and improves the efficiency of the movement.
- Explosive Drive: Highlight the need for an explosive drive from the supinated hand/arm. The athlete should aim to generate maximum force by rapidly extending the arm and driving the palm up as fast as possible. Encourage them to engage their core and utilize a powerful hip drive to generate additional force.
- Range of Motion: Ensure that the athlete achieves a full range of motion during the movement. The arm should be fully extended at the bottom of the movement, and the palm should be facing upward at the top. Emphasize the importance of maintaining control throughout the entire range.
- Speed and Power: Encourage the athlete to focus on speed and power during each repetition. Emphasize the explosiveness of the movement and encourage them to generate as much force as possible while maintaining proper form.